Tuesday 18 August 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz -August 2015

Hi Everyone 
Its time again for another of Tims tags for 2015 and for August Tim has shared with us a way to utilize our mixed media dies as a background to give an immediate dimensional element on which to collage and stamp. Tims Tag and tutorial can be found here. 
I loved Tims tag for August as soon as I saw it so I decided to follow the tutorial near enough to the letter.  At times during the creative process I did wonder whether I was just making one big mess of things having never tried the technique before but I stuck with it and here is my end result :
The die cut background adhered to another paper covered tag

Now for a few close ups.
I chose different remnant rubs to Tim's and used wire to fasten an ideology word label with the word 'Find' to the arrow.  I also finished the hole of the tag with an eyelet and used some hessian ribbon for the tag tie .
And just a reminder again of the finished tag

I always enjoy making Tim's tag as he never fails to offer new techniques and inspiration and this tag , for me, certainly offered both of those - Thanks Tim. 
Who knows with time on my side (for once, hahaha) I may make another one !! 
Right , off I pop  to enter my tag into  
Thank you so much for stopping by today - always love to see ya here and you can be certain that any comments you leave are always read and appreciated . 
Hope to see you very soon 
Enjoy a great week 
Amanda x


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Amanda, love your backdrop and the Remnant Rubs you chose. Lovely . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fab tag! Good luck in the challenge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow Amanda, your tag is fabulous! Your background is amazing and I love the wire on the idea-ology elements. A perfect take on Tim's tag. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great - very like the original x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Absolutely LOVE your version!! Your chosen elements look super and great colouring! So glad you persevered with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much and how you used the arrow is pure genius! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your take on Tim's tag is fabulous Amanda....I just love the background and the stunning ephemera

    Huge hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool work on the grungy background - love your colours - a great take on the August tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .